The incorporation of information and communication technologies within vehicles and transportation infrastructure will revolutionize the way we travel today. The enabling technologies are intended to realize the frameworks that will spur an array of applications and use cases in the domain of road safety, traffic efficiency, and driver’s assistance. These applications will allow dissemination and gathering of useful information among vehicles and between transportation infrastructure and vehicles in pursuance of assisting people to travel safely and comfortably. Although, transportation systems are evolving towards intelligent transportation systems, they face critical challenges and need to be addressed to emerge as Intelligent Vehicular Technologies (IVT).
Therefore, European Alliance for Innovation (EAI) has taken a step towards the realization of Future Intelligent Vehicular Technologies and invite both academic and industrial research community by organizing Future 5V conference in Guimarães, Portugal. Future 5V is an annual international conference by EAI (European Alliance for Innovation) and co-sponsored by Springer. Future 5V welcomes research articles in field of Vehicular networks, communications, software solutions, and artificial inteligence aproaches, covering theory and practice in the after mentioned field of study.
Topics of interest include (but not limited to):
- Vehicular Technologies and Standards
- Intelligent and Autonomous Vehicles
- Intelligent Transportation Networks
- Intelligent Traffic Monitoring, Control and Management
- Advanced Public Transportation
- Advanced Modelling and Simulation Tools for IVT
- Air, Road, and Rail Traffic Management
- Advanced Emergency Management through IVT
- IVT User Services
- Sensors, Detectors and Actuators for IVT
- Big Data and Analysis for Vehicular Networks
- Cellular assisted IVT in 5G and beyond
- M2M Communication for Vehicular Networks
- Cloud Computing Practices for Vehicular Networks.
- Intelligent Cooperative Techniques and Systems
- Localization Algorithms and Services for IVT
- Secure Communication in IVT
- Future Perspectives for IVT
All registered papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to
Full Paper Submission deadline
31 July 2018
10 September 2018
30 September 2018
Start of Conference
21 November 2018
End of Conference
23 November 2018