EAI International Conference on Future Intelligent Vehicular Technologies
Wireless networking technologies range from global voice and data networks, which allow users to establish wireless connections across long distances, to infrared light, wireless sensor network and radio frequency technologies that are optimized for short-range wireless connections. Devices commonly used for wireless networking include portable computers, desktop computers, hand-held computers, personal digital assistants (PDAs), cellular phones, pen-based computers, and pagers. However, as of last decade, the trend is changing. We are moving from hand-held and portable devices to state-of-the-art miniature sensor nodes and off-the-shelf technologies such as, cellular networks, vehicular networks, green computing and Internet of Things, have further enhanced the scope and growth of wireless communication. The emergence of cloud computing has benefited the storage of massive amount of data, collected from these networks. Big Data, on the other hand, has provided a platform for manipulation of such a huge amount of data. This technological growth in wireless communication has seen advancement to such an extent that the concept of ubiquitous computing is becoming a reality.
To realize these objectives and technological growth, the 2nd EAI International Conference on Future Intelligent Vehicular Technologies (Future5V) 2017, to be held in Islamabad, Pakistan, aims to attract the novel research contributions, both from academia and industry, pertaining to emerging wireless technologies. Future 5V is an annual international conference by EAI (European Alliance for Innovation) and co-sponsored by Springer. Future 5V welcomes research articles in field of wireless communication, covering theoretical and practical aspects, in the following research areas of interest.
Topics of interest include (but not limited to):
- Vehicular Networks/Communications
- Heterogeneous Networks
- Cross-layer Design and Optimization
- Wireless Access Technologies
- Emerging Technologies and Applications
- Network Security
- Wireless Internet Platforms and Software
- Green Communications
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Cyber Physical Systems
- Internet of Things/Internet of Multimedia Things
- Bigdata and Cloud Computing
- Software-defined Networks
Journals Special Issues
Accepted and extended high quality papers will be considered for publication in:
- ACM/Springer’s MONET journal (Impact Factor: 3.259) Special Issue title: “Current and Future Trends in Wireless Communications’ Protocols and Technologies” Call for papers for the SI can be downloaded here
MDPI “Information” journal. Special Issue title: “Intelligent Transportation Systems”. Link
Journal of Cyber Security Technology, Special Issue on Secure Smart Society in Next Generation Networking Paradigm
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be submitted for publication in Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson's Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Best Papers will be considered for publication in the ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications Journal (MONET)
Sponsors /Technical Sponsors